Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's Easier to Keep Going

Determined to make the most of this wet, dreary weekend, I hit my treadmill again this morning with another 5-mile run/1-mile walk goal. It was a mile more than I did last week and I was also committed to turning up the speed and incline just a bit.

I had a good night's sleep under my belt, a reasonably healthy eating day ... all systems were go.

By mile marker 3.5ish, I started to feel the burn. I wasn't sure I could get to the end. I let my head get in the way and I slowed the pace down for .15 miles at a slow walk around 3.85 miles.

And then I decided to kick it in the rear and finish what I set out to do.

But boy ... firing back up is hard. It's easier, I think, to just keep going.

Starting over, with good eating, a regular exercise schedule, a solid sleep routine is harder than if you just keep going in the first place.

Your body is capable. Your mind will try to talk you out of it. Trust me, gaining five pounds and then having to lose it again is harder than just keeping it off.

Just keep going. Find the routine, the schedule, the zone and keep going.

No comments: