Thursday, October 11, 2012

Take That, Micky D

My flight left Vegas yesterday at 6:05 p.m. local time, putting me in Milwaukee at 11:35 p.m. After a stop to pick up luggage, a trip through the parking garage and a long drive home, I pulled into my driveway around 1:15 a.m.

I tried to eat a dinner before I left LV, and ended up with Auntie Anne's with light cream cheese. Not exactly healthy. I munched on one of my mini ziploc bag stashes of raisins/nuts/pita chips on the flight. But my stomach still started to rumble just as I was pulling onto the 894 bypass, heading toward Mukwanago. 

Uh oh. 

There are three 24-hour McDonald's drive thrus between here and there. And Old Me would have pulled in for a Double Cheeseburger Meal Deal in Delavan to get some grease, salt and caffeine in an effort to curb the hunger, stay awake and go to bed with a full belly. 

New Me had packed an apple. 

Old Me still WANTED the Micky D's. But New Me sat on her and held her down as we drove past. 

No comments: