Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Bad Habit Hangover

Ugh.

Monday was a long day.

After a busy weekend that involved too much salt (Snack mix! Cheese popcorn!), too much sugar (Cupcakes! Birthday cake!), too many useless calories (Fried fish! Southern Comfort!), combined with a lack of sleep, I was a hurting unit on Monday.

I drank a 2L bottle of Diet Cherry Coke as a way to combat the tiredness and general fogginess I was feeling as the first day of the work week dragged on. And on. And on.

That didn't really help matters.

I shudder when I think of all that fake chemical sugar in my body. But I needed it. Or thought I did.

Of course that mean sleep didn't come easy Monday night, either. Last night, I went to bed early and this morning finally felt like myself again. (My husband told me there was a nasty thunderstorm, but I could have cared less.)

I'm always surprised at how different I feel when I'm not taking care of myself properly. Part of it is probably age ... I don't recover from anything as fast as I used to. But part of it is just that my body now knows better.

I wonder if I used to always feel that crappy and just wasn't aware of it?

Back on track today. Gratefully.

No comments: