Thursday, May 9, 2013

Successes and Failures This Week

My intentions this week were as follows:

1. Harder than normal workouts, since my knee was feeling better.
2. No carbs, no fake food, no processed crap.
3. Every other day strength routine.

My results this week, so far:
1. I'm going to give myself a solid B on this one. Saturday I got a 4-ish mile walk in ... farther than I have gone in a long time. Sunday brought sunshine, another nice walk and a really good bike ride. Monday I did weights in the morning and rode in the afternoon. Tuesday I took a really long bike ride. Wednesday, I did weights again in the morning and walked after work. And today I gave my knee a break and just did strength this afternoon. I'm liking the morning/afternoon combination when the weather cooperates.

2. Ooooh. This one is a C, maybe a C-. I quickly adjusted the the "no" carbs rule to accommodate my morning bagel thin ... so it turned into "no carbs after breakfast." And I failed at that, too. I have successfully avoided bread, crackers, pretzels, tortillas, chips, cereal and Fiber One bars. I have NOT avoided chocolate, raisins, bread and butter pickles, did I say chocolate?, four maraschino cherries, chocolate and one bourbon ball. Oh, and a mint julep after my rotten day.

3. B- here. I slept in two mornings that should have been spent lifting. But when I did lift, I got good workouts in.

And now I'm here, dying to break into a handful of pretzels. I have never gotten a D. And I don't want to start now.

No comments: