Monday, May 13, 2013

It's Addicting

I had a great weekend.

A. Great. Weekend!

Not only because I tried a new restaurant. Not only because I went on a silly adventure Saturday morning. Not only because I spent Sunday with those I love most, being silly, laughing and talking and being part of an ensemble cast in a hilarious iPad movie.

But also because I got two great workouts in. The sun! The wind! The music! The miles! The fresh air! The sore muscles! The tulips in bloom!

I'm so hooked! I can't get enough. I want more.

I spent most of today trying to figure out how I can take every day off of work this week (without affecting my PTO, of course) to hang out in the glorious daylight and get some serious sweating in. I want to walk every morning. And then I want to ride my bike every afternoon.

Of course, I can't. I probably overdid it a bit this weekend ... still a little sore today.

But I want to. It feels good to know I'm doing something good. Doing something good makes me want to do one more thing good. And so on. In fact, that feeling is just as powerful as the one that makes me want to eat one brownie ... and then another one ... and another one.

It's so much better for me, too.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Totally feeling this right now! 10.2 mile bike ride this morning followed by a half hour walk on lunch. Planning to commute to work by bike a day or two this week!