Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Favorite 1-2 Easy Grill Combos

We had the BEST salmon steaks tonight. I gobbled up my 4 oz. portion and wanted at least three more. So freaking good. And to think, I didn't like salmon ... at all ... three years ago.

All we did was rub on some Weber Grill brand BBQ spice and, voila! Delicousness. It got me thinking about other easy grill meat and spice combos that never fail. Here's my list ... but if you have suggestions, add them! I'm always up for for something new.

Grill Combos
1. Salmon and Weber Grill brand BBQ rub: For supper in a hurry, I like the Roundy's brand frozen salmon. The white and blue bag contains eight individually wrapped, 4-oz. portions that thaw in no time.
2. Chicken breast or thighs and Tajin: You know how I love Tajin. It's lime and spice and yum. The chicken leans Mexican, but can also go Asian, if you're so inclined.
3. Ground turkey breast and an envelope of taco or fajita seasoning. Sometimes I put this right in with the meat as it's browning vs. waiting for it to get done, mixing the packet with water and letting it bubble together.
4. Haddock or cod fillet and lemon pepper seasoning. Easy. Classic. Not revolutionary. But still good.
5. And, all of these spices work on your grilled veg, too! I like the lemon pepper with asparagus, especially! But zucchini, summer squash, onions and peppers will take anything mentioned up above.

No comments: