Sunday, June 30, 2013

P is for Penance

P is for:

PANCAKES
PASTA
POTATOES
PORK
PHISH (Swedish, variety)
POTATO chiPs
And ... PARTY.

And when one PARTAKES of all of the above, as in "PIGGING Out," one must PAY the PIPER.

You see, I had a great weekend! Friday night brought a little unexpected celebration as Jim and I took my mom out for fish. I managed to stick to the baked cod, but enjoyed a couple of drinks and way too much bread.

Saturday, after a PLANNED PREPARATORY workout that included a little extra time and effort, we headed north for a beautiful girl's graduation party. We stopped for brunch on the way  to Neenah and I ordered the biggest PLATE OF PANCAKES I could find. I don't really like PANCAKES, as I think I've mentioned, but I've been POSITIVELY POSSESSED with the thought of them for a couple of weeks. So I ate 'em. And they were delicious, buttery, syrup-y POINTLESS and useless calories.

The PARTY food was yummo, too. Both mac and cheese and PESTO PASTA salad, cheesy POTATOES, PULLED PORK, and a candy bar ... that included PEANUT butter M&Ms and Swedish PHISH. Throw a couple of beers in there with cake and handful after handful of POTATO chiPs, and oy vey.

To top it all off, we stayed overnight so we could enjoy breakfast with out-of-town friends and, you guessed it, PANCAKES again!

So you know what all of that means, right?

PENANCE today once we got home. PAYBACK, if you will, for all the PLAYING and off-PLAN activity.

I put 12 miles on today, walking, and still have a few days of "extra" calorie burn to come this week.

But it was worth it. I'm off PANCAKES again for a good long while, too. They were delicious. I ate them. I enjoyed them and now it's over.

PHEW.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I feel the same way! Homemade apple pie, cup cakes, lots of wine, Chinese, chips cowboy caviar... so 23.6 miles on the bike today! Here's to a new week!