Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Today, June 25, 2013

5:09 a.m. Alarm goes off.

5:35 a.m. I roll out of bed, hit the loo, put on workout clothes. Two Advil and one Glucosamine.

5:40 a.m. Start pedaling on my trainer bike in the basement. I am on the hardest gear and I jack up my pace during all commercial breaks. I sweat like a mofo.

6:30 a.m. Done with the bike. Get ready for work.

7:30 a.m. Make breakfast before heading out the door ... sandwich thin with light garden cream cheese. Grab two plums from fridge. In car, drink one can of Cherry Coke Zero over ice.

7:50-ish a.m. Arrive at work and eat one plum.

8:30 a.m. Pour Diet Coke over ice and enjoy.

9:30 a.m. Gum. Sugarlass Mentos Gum. I always need two pieces. My mouth is big or something. I also snap it when I chew it which has to be completely annoying for others. So if I catch myself doing it, I spit it out.

11:30 a.m. Leave for lunch. I don't eat lunch out a lot. Today, I had a salad that included greens, a couple of tomato slices, a couple of cucumber slices, a pile of shredded roasted chicken and at least an ounce of shredded cheese. Normally, I don't eat meat at lunch. So my initial plan is to eat just a bit of it, and just a bit of the cheese. But we actually sit and chat for a while and I end up eating all of it. They gave me two little containers of balsamic vinaigrette and I actually use about half of one, probably a Tablespoon's worth. Oh, and there's Diet Pepsi involved. I should be embarrassed by this, but I'm not.

3 p.m. 30-minute massage. (I am lucky that my workplace offers this option ... a guy comes to our building. It's $24 for 30 minutes and the convenience is well worth it to me.) This is the third time in about 2 months I've done this. He works on my shoulders and it is so freaking awesome. Last time I was sore for two days afterward. Today, I ask about my knee and hip, wondering if massage could help that. He pokes around a bit (holy mother of all that is good ... ow!) and then says acupuncture might be a good choice.

3:40 p.m. Eat second plum. Then more gum. And a glass of water with a lime margarita powder mix-in. It's like having a cocktail at work, but legal.

5:30 p.m. Grocery shopping. Load up on produce. Five pretzels on the way home. Or "crack" as my husband calls them.

6:30 p.m. Dinner. Salad that includes lettuce, spinach, red onion, leftover grilled zucchini, cherry tomatoes, carrots, banana pepper rings, fake crab, shredded cojack cheese and a swirl of Light Ranch. Dessert is bad grapes. And two more pretzels.

7 p.m. Cut up strawberries, cauliflower, wash grapes, make raw veg ziplocs for lunch tomorrow and Thursday that include cauliflower, snap peas and cherry tomatoes.

8 p.m. Blog.

Still to do: Hip flexor PT exercises and leg lifts. Two Advil, one multi-vitamin, one Glucosamine. Bed by 10. Sleep by 11.

Grade: Too much diet soda, not enough water. Too many empty-calorie pretzels. Lunch was higher in calories and cheese than a typical day and more than I should have.

And tomorrow is another day.

No comments: