Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What Did You Eat for Your Afternoon Snack?

I bet mine was less delicious.

Well, I bet it was today, anyway.

I rode my bike to work (3 for 3 on my one-day-a-week goal) and my trip back home utilizes a bike path that runs parallel the river. On one side is the water and on the other side is the road. The road bed, however, is much higher than the trail which means the trail is really in a sort of wooded valley next to the water.

The shade is lovely and I suspect I will appreciate it more as the temperatures rise. However, the combination of shade, water and foliage mean that the trail is full of bugs.

Enormous swarms of gnats.

Swarms that I have to ride through. Swarm after swarm.

Thank goodness for sunglasses. The lenses, and my helmet, look a lot like the nose of my car with bug guts plastered all over them.

Huffing and puffing is also a very bad idea. In fact, opening your mouth at all is a very bad idea.

Yummm. Protein?

2 comments:

Amber said...

I TOTALLY had a gnat-pack (snack-pack hahah) for a snack today too! ICK!!

Miss Daisy said...

Gnat-pack! I might have to steal that. Or, gnat-snack.