Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Right in the Rain

I slept in again this morning. Then half heartedly got up, went downstairs and lifted exactly two weights. And I watched the morning news. Did 100 butt lifts and my hip routine. It all took 20 minutes and it wasn't remotely a workout.

"I'll lift at noon at work," I reasoned.

I didn't.

Which meant I needed to take a bike ride when I got home. It was overcast and threatening rain. But I knew I had to go. My husband, bless his heart, just nodded and said, "Go," when I walked in the back door with "that look" on my face and declared that a ride was needed.

"It means supper is delayed by one hour," I said, sort of hoping his stomach would loudly gurgle and I'd have an excuse to not go.

"See you in a while," was all he said. (I love him, even when I hate him.)

So I rode. A half mile from my house it started to sprinkle. And it picked up steam for the remaining 12 or so miles, though it never actually rained.

It's the first time I've ever ridden in the rain.

I didn't melt.

It was the right thing to do. Funny how you never regret working out, but you almost always regret NOT working out.





2 comments:

Always a Beginner said...

Awesome!!! I went for a two-mile walk early this morning before the sky started spitting for the rest of the day. Fun fact: jogging in the rain is my most favorite workout. Talk about feeling renewed! And there's nothing quite like a hot shower after working out in the rain!

Miss Daisy said...

Love this. But now I need to know ... does your DeBaby Boy DeMint love the rain, too?