Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summer Challenge Schedule

The best way for me to kick it in gear is to have something to work toward.

So here's my tentative, but official, Summer Challenge Schedule. I had one last year, too, but the hip bursitis took over and totally derailed it.

Saturday, June 15: Fort Half Marathon. I'm going to walk it, which kind of bums me out. But it's better than not doing it.

Sunday, Aug. 18: Tour de Fort. We're going to do the Metric Century, which is 63 miles. https://www.facebook.com/events/382170581904404/

Saturday, Oct. 5: Tyranena Ocktoberfest Bike Ride. I think I can do 70 miles if there's beer at the end! http://www.tyranena.com/bikeride/

I'd love to have others join me ... we don't have to all do the same distances. What do you have planned? If you want to, share your races here or on Facebook and maybe other CC readers will join!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Guess that would require a bike, huh? A training schedule? Let't talk!

Amber said...

Sunday June 9th -25 Mile bike ride-Tour de Food, Stoughton WI (check)
Saturday June 15th -50K bike ride-Rotary Pie Ride, Janesville WI
Saturday November 9th- Rock N Roll Half Marathon- Nashville TN

I'll probably be looking for a few more run events towards August, September.

Miss Daisy said...

LGP: I know a guy ...
Queen: You are ROCKIN' it!!!!

Amber said...

Boneless pork chops marinated in "Steak and Chop" marinade overnight (or 2 nights if you feel like it) Sooo good! There's always the classic garlic salt, onion powder, pepper combo!