Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bad Lessons

In the past week, I have learned that I can eat off program and not exercise as much and not really gain pounds.

This is a bad thing.

I've been fluctuating ... down by two from my start, up by three. But I'm hanging in there as I consume too much red meat, too many sweets and chips, and not nearly enough veggies.

In other words, my pants still fit.

The danger of this is that I start to think I can eat and exercise like this all the time. The infamous slippery slope. If Angel Food Cake and French Fries on two consecutive days show no negative consequences, will three days be OK? Will four? Can I have cake and deep fried goodness on the SAME day?

Makes my heartbeat speed up with fear.

As I move from losing to maintaining, I will have to push these parameters and figure out what works. But doing so means I'll also have to figure out what doesn't. And what the new "normal" is.

Will this ever feel normal?

1 comment:

HR GIRL said...

You know what is good for you and your body....you've been doing this and you are doing it...You like the food that is good for you...you said so, you wrote about it and your insides love you when you send down vegetables versus greasy food. You have had a huge challenge in your life and you are wobbly right now. Trust yourself and stay the course. We are all pulling for you.
He is saying "Hey, kid you are going to be just fine and I couldn't be prouder of you!"