Saturday, April 30, 2011

Better Safe Than Sorry

I received an invitation today to go walking on a bike path with a friend and her son. Actually, she said she was planning on "jogging/walking ... but probably mostly walking!" and I have already ruled out jogging.

I'm excited. Exercising for me has always been a solo endeavor and I'm anxious to give this "social" version a try.

But as I watched the news last night, I was seeing mixed reviews on the weather. Warmer, yes. Windy, yes. But there were raindrops, too, in the afternoon. And that's when we're meeting.

So I got up this morning, strapped on my sneakers, and did my normal Saturday five miles in the basement. Just in case the rain comes.

So now I know I'm set, no matter what happens. And if we get this walk in, I get a little bonus workout to combat the handful of onion rings and french fries I ate with my baked fish last night.

1 comment:

Miss Daisy said...

P.S. I think we walked between 4 and 5 miles on the Sugar River Trail in Brodhead. Nice walk, nice company and nice change of pace!