Monday, April 18, 2011

How Not to Eat Dinner

Jim's working tonight, so I'm on my own for dinner. It's been a while since I've eaten by myself, not making an "event" of preparing the meal.

This is how it's gone so far:

1. Grabbed raw veg and dill dip. Took to couch. Finished cauliflower, celery and a few strips of red pepper.
2. Ate a sour dough hard pretzel while standing.
3. Grabbed baked Scoops and ate about 20 with a half cup of salsa on the couch.
4. Nuked a turkey dog. Put it on a piece of whole wheat toast. Ate that on the couch, too.
5. Ate another sour dough pretzel and some smoked Gouda.

And I want more. But I don't need more. I should be done. Too many carbs. Too much salt. Enough dairy for the day.

Did I mention I want more?

Don't eat dinner while standing or while sitting on the couch. You don't realize how much you eat. Make a real meal. Actually sit down to eat it, where you can see it fill the plate so you have a visual of how much you ate. It tricks your head into thinking you ate more.

Gawd, I hope there's grapes in the fridge.

No comments: