Friday, April 22, 2011

Skippy Shortage

Yes, there's a Skippy Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter shortage.

At least there is in my grocery stores.

Both Woodman's and Pick 'n Save in Janesville are flat out. The shelves are bare. Zip. Zero. Nothing. Nada.

I'm assuming this has something to do with the salmonella issue they had a few weeks ago. What's worse is both stores were running sales on Skippy this past week and that's when I'd normally stock up on a few extra jars. And what's worse yet is that I'm scraping the sides of my current jar right now.

Buy Jif? I can't. Don't like it.

Woodman's did have Crunchy Reduced Fat Skippy, so I bought a jar just to tide me over. I don't like crunchy peanut butter, but it's going to have to do until this very serious problem can be fixed.

I hope it's fixed soon. Maybe Obama can take it on along with that pesky climbing gas prices issue.

Life without peanut butter isn't worth living.

4 comments:

HR Girl said...

Skippy Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter coming you way from Madison where we have everything!

Miss Daisy said...

This wasn't a plea for peanut butter. But God bless you.

GaryAllanFan said...

I'm a Skippy girl...but I also like the Peter Pan whipped. Have you tried it?

Miss Daisy said...

I have never tried Peter Pan. But I will now! Thanks for the recommendation, Skippy/Gary Allan Fan!