Thursday, June 16, 2011

Attitude is Everything

Have a friend who's training for a 5K. She's joined a running class (at All Season Runner) and is well on her way.

I know she's going to knock it out of the park. Want to guess how I can tell?

As she's describing the program she's on, where they have you walk/run in prescribed intervals, heavier on some days, lighter on others, she says:

"I always do an extra set of walk/run intervals at the end of what's on the schedule."

I love that. She knows her body is completely capable. And she's trusting her head to lead the way.

2 comments:

GaryAllanFan said...

And when this training is done....on to 10K training.

Miss Daisy said...

See, I told you she was an ass kicker. We are ALL so much stronger, tougher, and more determined than we give ourselves credit for.