Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"You Must Feel Great"

"You must feel great," he says today in his office. He's a dear friend of the kind-hearted, genuine sort. "How much have you lost?"

"About 94 pounds," I say. "Give or take, depending on the day."

"You must feel GREAT. Don'tcha feel GREAT? You look great, but I bet you FEEL so great."

"Really ... what did you do? Do you eat?"

"Oh, I eat. I love to eat and I eat. I just eat better stuff and I walk. I walk a lot," I respond. "And I do feel great."

"Well, you look great." He's smiling.

The truth is, I DO feel great. I feel so good sometimes that it's hard to imagine how I used to feel. It makes all the work (and let's be honest, it's work) worth it. It feels good to feel good. It feels good to look good. It feels really good to know that I did it myself ... and that if I can do this, I can do anything.

Or nearly anything. I'm guessing that freestyle half pipe snowboarding thing is out for any number of reasons.

I want you to feel this great, too.

2 comments:

SusieG said...

LOVE this one :)

Miss Daisy said...

Thank you, Miss Susie.