Saturday, June 25, 2011

Equipment Envy

Boy, those Precor treadmills in the hotel fitness center are da'bomb!

The one I've been using for the past two days makes my $399 NordicTrak from Sears feel like a Yugo missing a spark plug, if you know what I mean.

They're tall and the deck is LONG. They're cushion-y, with many buttons and programs and inputs (like height and weight) to help you determine a more accurate calorie burn. The incline capability is positively Alpine and they really feel like a luxury sedan compared to that darn Yugo.

It's going to be tough to hard to go back home again after being so spoiled.

But when I get there, I'll have a renewed motivation to get my new workout room in the basement painted and reassembled. The drywall is finally finished. I have a wall color chosen.

(It will also be nice to get out of the storage/furnace room with the Xmas decorations, suitcases and unpacked boxes from three years ago when we moved in.)

And I've been eyeing up a punching bag and spin bike to add to the collection. Since I've never used either, I'd love some input from someone who has. Any recommendations?

No comments: