Saturday, September 17, 2011

Change in Perception

I've noticed a change in the way I look at my "new" body.

The most noticeable is that I no longer view it as new.

I'm quickly approaching a year from when I started blogging. In that year, I've lost about 25 pounds, and my body hasn't really changed that much. In other words, the first 70 pounds I lost (before blogging) were far more "dramatic" in effect than the last 25.

The me I see now is familiar. She is starting to feel like the one that's always been here. Or at least the one that was always supposed to be here.

At first I saw her as this super skinny chick ... because in comparison to the old me, she was. Now I see her as pretty "normal" looking. Not too big, not little. Just kind of average with some spots that look pretty OK and some that could use a little more work.

But most of all, I see her as content. No longer afraid. No longer disappointed. No longer secretly ashamed.

Content is good.

No comments: