Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tim Gunn, Kirstie Alley and Me

I heard this week that Kirstie Alley, fit after her Dancing with the Stars run, had declared she was a size 4 now .

And then I heard Tim Gunn's rebuttal. He says today's size 4 is bigger than the size 4 of old. In fact, it's more equivalent to a size 6 or size 8. He hammers the point home by saying that he/the fashion industry/someone has been measuring the actual waistlines, etc., of modern clothes and when you compare them to waistlines, etc., of clothes from 20 years ago, today's are simply bigger.

Bigger so people can buy smaller sizes and feel better about themselves.

I hate Tim Gunn. Mostly because it means my size 20s were really bigger than that. And I hate Kirstie Alley, too, for bringing it up.

(P.S. 10K update. I'm ready. Or I was. Until I wore a super cute pair of shoes today that don't fit right. And I discovered a stupid blister under my big toe when I got home. I'm debating if I should pop it now or see if it disappears overnight. Aaargh!)

3 comments:

HR GIRL said...

Pop it now!

Miss Daisy said...

Popped. Small and it didn't seem to bother me this morning inside my running shoes.

Karla said...

Never pop a blister is what they say...