Monday, September 5, 2011

Why Does Less Cost More?

Why does breakfast at one of the nearby local joints penalize me for trying to eat well?

The Vegetarian Omelette is the second-most expensive in the omelette list, only to be outdone by the Meat Orgy version. (Not it's real name, by the way.) If I want to make it Egg Beaters, that's a $1.25 upcharge. If I want to add cheese, and I always do, that's another buck.

Dry toast doesn't cost me extra, and I don't save a dime by skipping the included-in-the-price potatoes. Of course, substituting fresh fruit for the potatoes will result in another add-on charge.

Now my egg breakfast costs $194.33 and that seems like a bit much. Should have just had three eggs over easy with dry toast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get your omlette with egg whites only or one whole egg and two egg whites. And bring your own cheese lol. It's pretty silly that it has to come to that though. -amber