Sunday, September 4, 2011

Consistency > Distance-y

I'm doing some experimenting again.

Experimenting with my exercising. Some might call it, "Trying to see what I can get away with," in fact.

For a while there, I was doubling up on the calorie burn ... riding bike at night and walking/running during the day. Then last week, I skipped a couple of mornings on the treadmill, ran more vs. walking when I was on it, didn't bike at all, and added one day of weights and some sit-ups. 

I've been increasing and decreasing my incline. Increasing my running speed and adding more walking miles.

The good news is that I'm hanging tight on the scale. The bad news is that my knees are killing me.

But I think that I'm learning that the fact that I take an hour or so to exercise is more important than what kinds of exercise I do or how far I go or how intense it is.

In other words, break a sweat. Then, don't sweat it.

No comments: