Friday, September 2, 2011

Limit-LESS

Guest Blogger HR Girl said something in her post back in May that made me think. She said,

"I need to find my way and get myself back on track so I can get back to living my life without limits."

I've been pondering the limits I used to live with.

Some were self-imposed: Could I go to Noah's Ark with a bunch of people? Sure. Did I want to have everyone see my big ass? NO! So, I chose to not go.

And some were very real: Could I go shopping all day with my friends without my knees and feet killing me? Nope. They were going to hurt and I was going to have to pretend to enjoy the trip, all while never buying any clothes because I didn't fit in the sizes in the cool stores. It sucks to hang out in housewares ALL day!

Regardless of the type, those limits prevented me from being me.

Now that I've seen life from the other side, the idea of living with those limits again is sort of unfathomable. The fear of those limits will keep me on this path, I believe, for the rest of my life.

So I'm starting a new "series" to go along with The Benefits of Being Thinner, The Downside of Being Thinner and My Favorite Things. This one is called No More Limits and it will be examples of things I couldn't/didn't do as the old me. They are things that I can do now as the new me. Limitlessly.

With a smile.

No More Limits #1
I danced on a pool table in a bar after midnight, after some coaxing by the bar's owner. Sober. Alongside said bar owner. (I even stepped on someone's knee to get up there without fear of crushing it.)

And I laughed while I was doing it.

1 comment:

SusieG said...

LOVE this more than you know :) Thanks for the inspiration and now I've tucked this phrase in my mind .... living "limit-less". Thank you :)