Sunday, September 25, 2011

Quad Smackdown

I left one thing off my list of observations yesterday ... mostly because it hadn't happened yet, so I didn't know about it.

I'm sort of a hurtin' unit today: My quads and calves are killing me.

THIS is the difference between running indoors and on a steady incline with never a downhill and running in the great outdoors. There's a whole different set of muscles involved.

My workout this morning consisted of a slow walk at a high incline for only 3 miles. And some weights. I was trying to work the stiffness out, but mostly rest/recover.

Maybe I need another celebratory margarita. (The one I had at La Casa Grande in Beloit late last night was REALLY good.)

2 comments:

GaryAllanFan said...

I saw the official times online.....you did awesome!!!

Miss Daisy said...

LOL! Just checked it myself and was a little surprised. And still irritated that I was beat by one second at the finish line. I'm already thinking about what I can do differently next time ...