Sunday, November 13, 2011

New Vacation Strategies

OK, we've discussed how to work a workout into your vacation. We've talked about how to plan your eating before you go, how to navigate the endless buffet, how to pack healthy snacks.

Well, here's a new one for you: Try a condo on the beach!

I've never vacationed this way and I have to admit ... it's pretty freaking awesome. Here's what I like about it.

1. You control all of your food in the same way you do at home. We're making small trips to a nearby grocery store, which means we're saving money AND eating much healthier than we would at a restaurant.
2. Everything is in walking distance. Because this is a high tourist area, options abound. Grocery store, pharmacy, dollar store, 7-Eleven, ice cream shop ... even this town's main "boardwalk" attraction ... . all of it is just a nice afternoon jaunt away.
3. The beach just makes you want to eat better and move more. I have a hard time sitting still when I know I could be out there walking around. I don't want to eat heavy when I'm wearing a swimming suit.

Try it!

No comments: