Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nine Days ... No Weigh!

Tomorrow is judgement day of the post-vacation kind.

I haven't weighed myself since before I left for Florida and I'm a little nervous. Yes, I worked out every day. I actually put on more miles than normal, just because it was so GORGEOUS outside and I could walk everywhere ... well, wanted to walk everywhere. And because we only ate out once, I had good control over what my calorie intake.

So I think I should be in fairly good shape. I mean, my summer clothes still fit just fine. I also have the last vacation to use as a comparison. If you remember, I ate and drank in Mexico last February and ended up dead even upon my return home.

But it's still a little scary to step back on. This is the longest time I've gone without checking the scale since this whole thing started. Couple that with the three weeks before vacation where I wasn't doing as much cardio as usual ... and the three Girl Scout cookies and half bag of sourdough pretzels I ate today ... and there's good reason to worry.

But tomorrow I will step on the scale and I will know if how I lived this past week was OK. It's part of my transition to the "I-am-done-dieting-and-this-is-now-a-way-of-life" mindset.

Like my thighs, my abs and my ass, my brain has to learn a few new moves.

No comments: