Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Time to Tone

What do you do when your nursing an injury of an as yet undetermined sort and can't get your early a.m. treadmill workout done ... AND it's too dark by the time you get home to ride your beloved bike after work?

You swap cardio for toning.

I am still waking up early and heading downstairs, but I am doing something very different once I get down there.

I'm doing sit-ups on my exercise ball. (400 this morning!) I'm doing standing leg lifts: front, back and sideways. I'm doing planks, free weights and butt lifts. I may be down, but I'm not out.

It's not the cardio I'm craving, but it's going to have to do until I can figure out what the H-E-Double-Toothpicks is wrong with my blasted knee or until I can get home at a reasonable hour for a rendezvous with that sexy Gary Fisher before nightfall.

3 comments:

marthamac said...

Have you thought about purchasing a 'trainer' for your bike? My sister-in law races and uses hers all winter. Might be something worth checking out! :)

HR GIRL said...

Glad to see you are finding other ways to stay in the game.

I thought of you today when I saw this -

Running....
My mental CTL+ALT+DELETE

Miss Daisy said...

MarthaMac ... I have considered a trainer. Also considered a spin bike. Tried a regular stationary bike at work today and didn't really dig it as much as I remembered liking it years ago. I also hopped on the eliptical for a while. Much better workout than the bike I was on. But I feel so uncomfortable on it. (And I'm scared ... the last time I used one was the day before my knee blew. So in my head, I blame the eliptical. Which is ridiculous, I know.) We'll see how the knee feels tomorrow! HRGirl ... thank you and check your FB email.