Friday, April 5, 2013

4 Miles

I hit a milestone today.

I walked 4 miles on my treadmill this morning.

It was the farthest I've moved under my own leg power for almost three months. And it makes me very, very  happy.

I'm supposed to be laying low. I'm counting walking at most three times a week until the injections are complete as laying low.

I have to learn a new way to workout. I know I'm not going to be able to run every day. I have some testing to do ... some trial and error experimentation to learn how much is enough and how much is too much.

I have to discover what proper recovery time means  and make sure I'm filling my "off" run days with more consistent and appropriate strength training. Whether I like it or not.

I am an old dog. I'm hoping new tricks are still possible.

No comments: