Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Favorite Things

1. Mangoes ... I'm still not an expert peeler/cutter-off-the-core-thing person, but man, I'm addicted. So good alone or mixed with fresh pineapple, strawberries and blackberries. Can't wait to use them in a salsa with peaches/nectarines, onions and jalapenos!

2. Ankle pants ... Longer than crops, sexier than bootcut. I own two pair and I just love the way they look with basic kitten heel pumps and ballet flats. I actually prefer to call them cigarette pants, though I don't know that's the right terminology. Think Audrey Hepburn. I don't have great looking calves. But I feel like a total hottie with my ankles showing.

3. Roasted pumpkin seeds ... I buy them at TJMaxx. They are not calorie or sodium-free, but they are a good substitute for candy. I eat them one at a time and get some protein and they keep my hands and mouth busy.

4. Charming Charlie's in West Towne Mall ... I'm not a very good shopper. I haven't been to West Towne in a loooooonnnngggg time. So when I popped in last week, I discovered this store. It's FULL of accessories, and a few clothes, all arranged by color. You want yellow? They've got yellow ... bags, scarves, necklaces, earrings, bracelets ... in all shades, shapes and colors. Black and white? Yup. Orange? Sure. Green? A whole section of the store devoted to each color. Oh! Best of all, there's a kick ass bargain corner!

5. My road ... I love my road. I'm taking very short walks a couple of times a week. Don't tell my doctor. It's just too nice outside and I can't stand being cooped up in this house any longer. I love the way spring smells, the sound of the birds, the occasional bite of a good, stiff breeze. Life is returning to my corner of the world and I'm thrilled to be in it.

No comments: