Thursday, April 25, 2013

This May Not Be Motown ... But I Got Your Temptations

Every day, for five long days, I had to walk past a Godiva store and a Mrs. Fields to get from my hotel room to the conference center. Five. Long. Days. 

And if you count that I was back and forth to my room at least twice a day and sometimes three times a day, that's a lot of trips past temptation. 

I am proud to tell you that I did not set foot in either divine-smelling, tantalizing, mouth-watering establishment. 

I did take a sugar cookie sample from a lovely young lady with a tray yesterday afternoon ... after a workout. 

That seemed justified. And controlled. 

And delicious.

(P.S. I had to look the Temptations up on Wikipedia to get to this headline. My first attempt was, "I'm Not Gladys Knight, But I Got Your Temptations." And then I thought that didn't seem right. Gladys had Pips, not Temptations, for the record. I think I just flunked the Barry Gordy Jeopardy category.)

No comments: