Thursday, April 25, 2013

No Pants Thursday

I'm home!

Flying makes me crazy. I don't enjoy it. It's nerve-wracking, dirty and unpleasant.

So, to keep this day as comfortable as possible, I declared it "No Pants Thursday."

This means I wore leggings on the plane. Yeah, leggings. Like tights. With a zip-up sweatshirt. And a tank.

Leggings are not pants. This occurred to me when I had to take off my little zip-up jacket thing off in the security line. All of a sudden, there I am, in a body stocking (black leggings and black tank) as I put my arms over my head and wait for the X-ray to take its photo.

"Hello, World! Here I am. Come see my every lump, bump, nook and cranny!"

There are Amish women who have never been this exposed to their husbands ... after five kids. Completely inappropriate. But after five days of being uniformed in my trade show gear, wearing my fake smile and my totally manufactured cheery personality, I just didn't have the energy to button up in real clothes today.

Maybe this thing will catch on. No Pants Thursdays could show up across the country.

Are you with me?

1 comment:

marthamac said...

This cracked me up! I don't own a pair of leggings though...these thighs are not ready for exposure!