Friday, April 19, 2013

Where Are My Potatoes?

What do you do when something "not right" happens at a restaurant?

Tonight, we went for out for dinner tonight with my in-laws. It's Friday in Wisconsin, so you know that means fish. While my hubs and MIL shared a pizza, my FIL and I stuck to fish. Him the deep fried walleye and me the grilled salmon.

His came with choice of potato and a green salad. Mine included green beans and also a choice of potato.

However, the server didn't ask me which potato I'd prefer. I noticed, and sort of assumed I'd read the menu wrong and maybe it wasn't a choice ... she'd just bring the "assigned" potato.

When my plate arrived, my beautifully seared fish arrived on a bed of approximately 15 green beans ... and that's it. There was a big empty space on the plate. No potato.

The old me would have asked for some potatoes. The seriously dieting me of a year or so ago would have ate what was on my plate and been done.

The new me ate the beans, half of the fish, a piece of warm bread with butter ... and a corner slice of pizza.

No comments: