Monday, April 8, 2013

Butt Bling

There was no escaping it.

It was time to buy new jeans. This "casual every day" work dress code is actually kind of a bummer. I don't have enough casual wear to find something decent Monday through Friday. So there I was, in the mall, searching.

The last time I bought jeans was when this body was new and I was buying a lot of clothes because I didn't have anything that fit. So I ended up at Kohl's, with house brand, boring, mom-like, cheap numbers.

I decided it was time to move on from mom jeans and enter the world of butt bling.

I'll be totally honest I can't name a cool brand of jeans to save my own life. I have no idea if what I bought was dorky bling or hip bling.

But I bought a pair with sparkly pockets.  I chose something without rips and with a very limited amount of pre-fab fading. They sit lower on my hips than I'm accustomed to. And they're sort of snug.

The 17-year-old sales girl insisted I wasn't too old for them.

I'm not so sure.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did good! :)
- Tina

marthamac said...

They sound perfect! Look for Miss Me (only if on sale), Rock Revivals (way too expensive for me!), or Big Star (also extremely pricey!) My daughter talked me into a pair of Miss Me jeans...with a bit of pocket bling...but they are by far my favorite jeans! (I do wear a belt because I feel like the back is just too low and I just might be hanging out!..Maybe I need some bling on my undies too???)
Congrats on the new jeans. Don't they make you feel great!?!

Miss Daisy said...

Bling-y undies sound uncomfortable, but I'd rather see that than someone's butt crack ... which I see more often than I care to admit. And I have never heard of any of the brands you mentioned, marthamac. Ha! That must be one more way you know you're old ... along with not recognizing any of band names on Top 40 radio and not being able to identify any of the people pictured in People. (Thanks, Tina!)

ugogirl72 said...

I could use some bling. Where did u go?