Tuesday, October 1, 2013

New Runner, Chapter 1

    We have a very special new series on CC!!! One of our readers has started a Couch to 5K program with the goal of running the JINGLE BELL 5K in December in Madison. 

    And I am SOOOOOOO excited ... because she's agreed to let us all come along for the ride. Well, the run, I guess, really. She's going to keep us posted on what it's like to start running.

    How cool is that?

    You'll hear her questions, view her progress and, hopefully, cheer her on as we get closer to the event.

    Here's how it all started:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW RUNNER: Just have to share... as of today, I am down 11 lbs...I gained back 5 that I had lost before school started, but they are gone again! I have been religiously keeping track of Weight Watchers points and exercising. My plan is to go out tomorrow and begin Day 1 of my couch to 5k (C25K) with my new app and Pandora that I downloaded on my phone. I really want to run in December! I have also resurrected 3 pairs of pants that I have not worn for 2 years! Two are size 8! I think I am finally doing this!  Link to C25K Training Program HERE

    MISS DAISY: Hip hip hoorayyyyyyyy! That's so awesome! What a great accomplishment and that feeling is the best in the world, isn't it? I hope you love the C25K! It just feels so good to have a goal and to get it done!
    And now maybe I will use YOU as an inspiration because I'm not doing so great on my eating. LOL

    NEW RUNNER: I wasn't either...the WW app that I downloaded has kept me honest. I think my body is still figuring out what I am doing...but I will take what I can get for now. I'm just sick of feeling terrible when I look in the mirror. Getting back to work has helped too. I don't have time to snack!


    MISS DAISY: I'm a little jealous that you get to "start" running. I just LOVED the feeling of falling in love with it. If you decide it's for you, I hope you get that. So happy you found something that works for YOU! And I can't wait to run with you in December. I hope I can keep up!

2 comments:

Amber said...

You go, New Runner!! Everyone's journey to becoming a runner is different. For me it was hard, hard as heck and I couldn't accept that I was actually a "runner" because I wasn't good at it. Truth is, if you run at all, you are a runner. Enjoy this new journey and thanks for sharing!

New Runner said...

Thanks, Queen of Cheese! You are so right...I don't feel like a real 'runner'!!! I'm definitely not good at it yet...but I can't wait until I am.