Sunday, July 8, 2012

Adjusting

My original race schedule included a 10K in September ... Janesville's River to Ridge event. If you remember, I did it last year. It marked the very first "real" running race I'd ever entered. (I'm not counting the Dirty Girl 5K mud run because there was really very little running in that event. Well, there was running, but it was spliced with a lot of "stopping" for mud obstacles.) 

After completing the half marathon in La Crosse in May, I toyed with the idea of doing the 13.1 mile distance at River to Ridge instead of the 10K. Today it occurred to me that I only had 8-10 weeks between now and then. 

That might not be enough time to train properly if I am starting from "zero" after not running for the past almost-four weeks. 

So, in addition to making a doctor's appointment this week, I am adjusting my race plan, just in case. There's a half marathon in Lake Mills in November that will work if I can't get ready for the local race in September. 

I guess this is all about adjusting. Like everything else in life, right? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S. I think we'll be at NAHI for River to Ridge. - Tina

Anonymous said...

You aren't starting at 0 either. You have a good base already. You'd be fine. Hope you're feeling better though! -Amber