Thursday, July 19, 2012

Big Protein Dinner

In an effort to ward off the hungries after tonight's swim, I made a big, old pile of dinner that was heavy on the protein, hoping it would stick with me.

And, it was delicious. Simple, too ... better yet.

Tajin Taco Eggs 
5 eggs ... two yolks and five whites, whipped up
Red onion, zucchini, green pepper, cubed
Spicy cheese (I used a marble jack that had salsa-ish stuff in it
Taco turkey crumbles (I almost always have these leftover in the freezer from a previous taco night)
Tajin spice mix

Saute the veg in a little olive oil until just softened. Add the cooked turkey crumbles to heat through. Add the eggs and Tajin. Toss in some shredded cheese.

Challenge Update:
So my 60 laps are done. Sixty-four, to be exact. But only eight miles on the bike so far, which means 52 to go before EOD Saturday. I might not make it. Damn rain last night! But I'm going to give it a shot, HR Girl!

2 comments:

HRGirl said...

Okay, you get a pass for the rain and you have until Sunday to get the miles in on the bike. It's just over 17 miles each day (Friday -Sunday).
If it rains again, find an alternative....you can always swim the miles

Miss Daisy said...

You think that's funny about swimming miles? Not so. Got 12 in this morning and I'm plotting my route (a long one) for tomorrow. I'll get them in.

How's the water going?