Friday, July 6, 2012

Getting Better?

The good news? I only took two Ibuprofen today and, right up until about 10:30 a.m., I felt like I could run. (And, man, did I want to!)

Then the stiff and sore settled in and I headed to the chiro for my 11:30 a.m. appointment. He said he can still feel the edema (or maybe I'm not supposed to use "the" with that word?), though the actual  bubble shape of the bursa has reduced. Oh, and he said my right hip is still "kattywompus." His word, not mine.

So I was treated to a few new cracking techniques and given some very specific instructions:

  • Continue to stretch, three or four times a day
  • Continue to apply heat before bed
  • Do NOT run ... but if you do because you just can't help yourself, no incline and ice immediately afterward

I'm feeling like there may be some light at the end of this tunnel. But the tunnel feels like it's getting longer and longer. I'm wondering now if I should still go see the sports med doc and see what information I can get.

It's frustrating because I don't know what to believe, exactly. I've been doing my own research online. I know what the chiro says. I know what the PA says. I know how I feel. Some of the information is conflicting (Run with no incline? Sports med says with my knees, I should ONLY run with an incline.) I'm guessing there is no single "right" way because no two bodies are the same, no two pain tolerances are the same, no two commitments to getting better are the same.

But I'll figure it out.

No comments: