Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Challenge Each Other

Her: Seriously, how was your appointment? 

Me: Disappointing. But she did tell me I could ride bike and swim, so I'm happy.

Her: So, there you go. Change your mindset and think this way ... you are working on tri training and these are the two areas you will be focusing on, while giving your hips some relief. 

I would like to see at least 24 miles on Gary Fisher by Saturday and 20 laps in the pool by the end of the day Saturday. So, three 8 mile bike rides and two day sin the pool swimming 10 laps each time. Do it. 

I think I would be a great personal trainer. I just need to get my body to correspond with my mind. I think I am going to pull out my Tony Robbins books ...

Me: So should I tell you that I usually ride 15 miles per session, sometimes 22 and 30 minutes of swimming better be more than 20 laps?

Her: Well, salute, little over achiever. Then here's the challenge ... 60 miles on the bike by end of the day Saturday and 60 laps in the pool. 

Me: Should have kept my mouth shut, eh? Sixty laps in the pool will kill me.

Her: Yeah, you should have. And let's see if you can hit those numbers and don't go bullshitting me either because you only cheat yourself. 

Me: I'll make the effort ... even if it means getting ready for work in the locker rom. What's the goal for you?

Her: My goal is to eat three healthy meals and drink 64 ounces of water. So I will start tomorrow. Since dinner will be my first meal tonight. I will bring my food to work and eat in my office and not let people interrupt me. 

Me: Three meals a day AND a food journal.

Her: Now you want a food journal? Do you want me to send  it to you? 

Me: No, it's for you. "You're only cheating yourself." Unless it helps you to send it to me. 

Morale of the story? Use your network to help you set goals. Use me if you want. Challenge each other. Telling someone you were successful is almost as much fun as being successful. 


Update: 8 miles done on bike and 32 swimming laps complete. I'm going to hit that goal, sucka! How'd YOU do today? 

1 comment:

HR GIRL said...

Got in the three meals and only 48 ounces of water....but there has to be a percentage of water in my delish diet coke. I will get there, yes I will.