Saturday, July 14, 2012

Me and Michael Phelps?

Our Saturday trip to town today (I live in the sticks, you know ... we actually have a weekly trip to town) turned into a lust-filled, drool-inducing, "why-can't-I-just-win-the-lottery-already?" craving.

Like I need MORE cravings.

You see, there was a hot tub/spa event at the convention center. FACTORY DIRECT!  LOW PRICES! AN OPTION FOR EVERY BUDGET!

And we made the mistake of going in to check out one of those swim-spas. You know the kind ... they're like a bigger, deeper hot tub that generates enough current to swim against.

Before going in, I looked my husband very carefully in the eyes and said, "We are not buying a spa." I ended up with a boat once upon a time in a very similar fashion and I wanted to be clear where we stood on this issue. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

But man, were they freaking awesome. There were three swim spas in the room, two of them Michael Phelps-endorsed, that jetted and massaged and gurgled and pulsed and ... oh, yeah. You could also swim.

But here's what else:

  • You can "write them off" if you have a medical reason. 
  • You can put some money down now and they store it until you're ready to take it.
  • If you put said money down, sign a release form of sorts and someone else wants to buy the exact same spa before you take ownership, you can let them have "yours" and they'll build you a new one ... according to YOUR specs on color, finish, etc.
  • Today only, your purchase includes a easy-open cover, set of steps, and something else fabulous that I can't remember.
  • One model comes with a stationary bike and treadmill you put IN THE WATER. 
  • Two models come with a rowing seat and rowing handles so you can switch up your workout. 

Imagine! (And in all fairness, the sales team was very good. Not pushy and overbearing. Very helpful and knowledgeable. Totally likeable. And quite skilled at the art of selling ... which I admire.)

I would so love one of these. Year round usage. Exercise and relaxation. My nieces would love it. My husband would love it. My neighbors would love it. I would love it.

Jim trotted downstairs immediately upon our return home and started measuring pieces of concrete and dirt outside. And, GREAT NEWS! There are several options where one of these bad boys would fit! And the house is already wired properly to handle it.

I almost can't think of a single reason to NOT buy one.

Well. except the price that is.

Maybe Mr. Phelps could pick up the tab.




No comments: