Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Starving All Day

Man!

Ever have one of those days where your stomach growls all day? In fact, it started last night just after midnight ... a hungry tummy woke me up from a dead sleep and would not be ignored.

I am not, nor have ever been, someone who "snacks" in the middle of the night. I like sleeping too much to take time to raid the refrigerator. But last night I finally gave up and grabbed a small handful of almonds, thinking the protein would make me feel full longer.

And once I did wake up to start the day, my stomach just kept on demanding more food.

I fed it a normal breakfast. And a Fiber One bar. And a soda.

I fed it a big lunch ... huge salad with chicken. And a frozen yogurt.

I fed it dinner ... a pile of carrots and dip. And leftover seafood enchiladas. And two pretzels. And a big bowl of frosted shredded wheat.

Oh, and a piece of cheese.

And I'm still hungry. Stomach still growling, "Feed me!"

One of our CC readers told me that swimming makes you hungry. And a quick Google check (seriously, what did we do without it?) confirmed that swimming does indeed make you hungry. Something about the cold temperature of the water and lactic acid or something.

Just what I need. An exercise that ends up with me taking in more calories than I expend.

No comments: