Wednesday, March 6, 2013

How About a Pabst?

(This is not for the delicate and polite among you.)

I'm making a fairly earnest attempt to eat better. That means lots of raw veg, and in my case this week, cauliflower. When your body isn't accustomed to so much raw veg, it can wreak havoc on your innards and produce a rather unfortunate and off-putting byproduct.

This byproduct can cause a quiet house to become, shall we say, more noisy. Sort of percussive, if you will.

To accompany the raw veg, I boiled up a bunch of eggs on Sunday. I love hard-boiled egg whites and at 17 calories of pure protein, so they're a great snack. (I throw away the yolks. Don't like 'em.) But as you know, eggs can contribute to the problem above.

Jim sees me peeling eggs. And he's already complained loudly about the side effects of the cauliflower. It's more than he can take.

"Why don't I just run down to The Friendly Village and get you a 6-pack of Pabst so you can really raise the roof?"

This cracked me up. But I couldn't laugh and let him know he was right.

"Beg pardon, kind sir. We both know I am a delicate flower and have no earthly idea what you're talking about."

Deny, deny, deny.

For more glorious fun facts on this entertaining bodily function, please check out this link sent by HR Girl:
http://www.heptune.com/farts.html

No comments: