Sunday, March 10, 2013

Maybe It Is In My Head

Had my second MRI last week. The first one, if you remember or care, uncovered a Baker's Cyst and some minor "fraying" of meniscus. Neither should have given me the pain I was experiencing, per my cheerful and effervescent sports med doc (not).

But I had the cyst drained and some cortisone shot in there as preventative action and then went on vacation where I proceeded to have a bit of trouble in choppy seas on a snorkeling trip ... climbing a ladder and wiping out on deck. That caused two weeks of limping, new pain in the front of the knee, cursing, crying and exasperation. Oh, and the need for the aforementioned second MRI.

The day after the MRI?

My knee felt pretty good.

Not right. Not pain free ... still waking up in the middle of the night, etc. But it felt  better than it had in two weeks. In other words, my limping was decidedly less pronounced.

On the one hand, this seems like good news. On the other hand, it drives me batty. I almost feel like I'm making this all up.

And I'm not sure if I want that to be the case or not.

No comments: