Monday, March 11, 2013

Red Robin Find

iLast night we had a birthday celebration dinner at Red Robin. There's something decidedly figure-unfriendly about "bottomless steak fries," so I knew reasonable eating might take some doing.

I eliminated cheeseburgers, fries and anything with barbecue sauce immediately. Obviously, deep fried was off the list.

My eyes and tastebuds landed on the Gardenburger and Turkey Burger. Both included a whole wheat bun and arrived without cheese. But they came with those damn fries.

And then I saw it. The Ensenada Chicken Platter.Grilled, seasoned chicken with a side salad. Available with one or two pieces of chicken.

I ordered the single breast. Salad dressing on the side. Per the website, the whole thing clocks in at 300-ish  calories ... about half that of the turkey and garden burgers.

Yippee!

Of course I did participate in the tower of onion rings and I did snatch a few fries from my niece ... so my total was higher than that.

After all, as Dr. Kidd said, "You gotta live a little."

No comments: