Saturday, July 2, 2011

200 Cravings a Day!

Heard this little gem today: The average American has 200 food cravings a day, spurred by things like smelling food, seeing food, being thirsty, gurgling stomachs and ... apparently ... thin air.

It's no wonder we/I eat.

I'm in the middle of a two-week jonesing for pizza (thin crust), ice cream (the heat is not helping) and a big, fat cheeseburger (with juice running down my forearms).

I'm probably going to hit one of those things this weekend. Maybe two. But I'm going to plan my day and my week around them--eating and exercise--to be sure I don't derail the whole program.
If I had but one wish for us all, it would be that the cravings we get are for things like cauliflower and carrots. But since that's not likely, remembering that they're "just" cravings and that your mind controls the arm that takes the fork to your mouth is also important.

No comments: