Monday, July 11, 2011

Noodles Secret Recipe

I'm not sure if I've proclaimed my love for Noodles Tomato and Cucumber Salad here or not. But in case I haven't ...

I HEART IT.

It's a version of a typical cucumber/onion/vinegar salad that my mom makes every summer when the garden was producing bounty faster than we could consume.

I took a stab at it today. I don't have measurements down exactly, but it's headed in the right direction. Adjust to your taste.

Noodles Tomato Cucumber Salad
2 cups Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Onions, chunked up in "forkable" pieces
1 cup rice wine vinegar
3 small glugs sesame oil
1T sesame seeds (regular, toasted, black ... whatever you have)
1/2t ginger (I used dry, but I think grated fresh would be good)
2t sugar or Splenda
1T Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime
1t chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste

I'm not sure I have it sweet enough. I might try it with a glug of honey next time. Let it sit for a while, or overnight in the fridge, before serving. Or, just go to Noodles and eat theirs. So few calories and such yummy stuff!

No comments: