Sunday, July 17, 2011

Greek Cousins

I'm sort of addicted to Greek salads in all forms. I love the salty Feta. I love the crunchy cucumbers. So I've made two variations to the straight veggie versions this week. And they're both yummy.

I think there's a recipe back in the archives somewhere for a basic Greek salad, but I can't find it quickly. So I'll give you the idea here:

Greek Salad
Grape tomatoes
Cucumbers
Red onion
Black olives
Feta
Extra oregano and/or garlic if you like
Low fat/light  Greek dressing (my favorite is Cardini's Light Greek Vinaigrette or make your own)

Variations:
  • Add whole wheat pasta (I like penne or rotini) or whole wheat couscous to turn a veggie side salad into more of a light lunch.
  • Add cooked chicken and put the whole thing in a whole wheat pita for a nice sammy.
  • Add pasta/couscous AND chicken to make it dinner.

No comments: