Saturday, July 16, 2011

A New Low

And in this case, that's good.

I was officially at a new low weight this morning. Three pounds off my goal, but finally off that freaking five-pounds-to-go mark.

And, after some introspection, I also figured out why the funk came and stayed this week. It had much to do with the scale, I think.

Last weekend was good. I ate a bit off program with Mexican and pizza. But the scale Monday morning wasn't awful. And then Tuesday hit. I was up OVER my 10-pounds-to-go mark. Over a number I hadn't been over in months.

But I didn't panic. We've been down this road before and I knew things would adjust Tuesday.

They didn't. I went up another two pounds.

I didn't get on the scale on Wednesday. I was too afraid. I kept eating normally. Exercised. Thursday when I climbed back on I was down a few, but still much too high.

This process messes up your head. I was convinced my clothes were getting tighter. I was sure my body had just quit responding to anything I was doing. I was feeling like it was all pointless.

But there it was this morning. A number on the scale that I haven't seen since high school. Nine pounds lighter than last Monday.

You and I both know that I didn't lose nine pounds in a week, nor did I gain nine to get there. I'm guessing it has something to do with water and salt. I'm also going to guess that I will be up two pounds tomorrow morning ... to that freaking five-pounds-to-go mark.

But I'll feel a lot better about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! That just gives you more drive for next week!

HR GIRL said...

You are doing it Daisy! Keep the faith.

marthamac said...

Woo hoo! You go girl! Keep up the awesome-ness! :)

SusieG said...

SO AWESOME!!!!