Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Packin' Snacks

Like a mom with a two-year-old, I bring snacks nearly everywhere I go these days. And yes, sometimes it's even little plastic containers of Cheerios or Goldfish Crackers.

I pack my own snacks because I'm never quite sure what kind of food I'll find at any given destination and I just never know when I might be hungry.

And since I don't want to get stuck somewhere with only a vending machine filled with crap or a convenience store filled with more crap as my options, I find it better for me to plan ahead a little and bring my own.

In addition to the cereal and goldfish, here's what I gravitate toward:
  • Fiber One 90 calorie bars
  • Hard sour dough pretzels
  • Little zipper bags of craisins and almonds or walnut pieces
  • Apples
  • Sugar-free watermelon hard candies
  • Carrots or blueberries, when packable
  • Wasabi peas
And, Dove chocolate, of course

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thinking. I ALWAYS have an Apple in my purse or some wheat thins! ~A