Saturday, July 30, 2011

Try On Triumph

Do you know that feeling? The feeling you get when, after a long summer of not wearing blue jeans, the weather gets a little colder and you head to the closet, pulling a pair off the shelf. You're worried. It's been a few long months. You're a little scared to pull them on because deep down inside, you're quite worried that they're not going to fit.

And when they don't fit, you have to go buy a bigger size.

So with literal fear, and while holding your breath, you begin to pull them on. Some might do it slowly, to ease into the potential disappointment. I always did it quickly, to get the bad news over with as fast as possible.

Today I pulled on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in more than two months.

They fit. Better than they did when I last wore them, even though my actual weight hasn't really changed.

Sweet.

No comments: