Monday, July 18, 2011

Queen is Enough

I love sleeping. I love the process of going to bed. I love lying there talking in the dark. I love waking up and looking at the clock and realizing that I still have four more hours to go. I love dreaming. I love waking up with the sun and snuggling back down in for just a few minutes more.

But I also love my space.

I ABHOR having Jim's arm or leg thrown over me. It makes me feel trapped and suffocated and gives me a mini panic attack. I don't like to sleep all cocooned up and spooning is for the birds. I've got to be free to flop, roll around, tuck my knees to my chin and breathe!

When we were both bigger, there wasn't quite enough room in our Queen bed (Verlo version of Tempurpedic ... ADORE!!!!!), so I was thinking about getting  King. In the Queen, we sort of had to be touching all the time. Some might find that OK, but it just isn't for me.

Now that we're both smaller, I've been able to dismiss the idea of a King bed altogether. I can get all the space I need in the bed that I have.

In fact, now with the smaller me and the smaller Jim, there's room for another whole body.

But we're not really into that.

2 comments:

GaryAllanFan said...

There is room for Blu to sleep with you now!

Miss Daisy said...

Hell to the NO, Sister!!! I barely tolerate Jim's fur ... and his mostly stays attached. There's no way all that hair is joining me in any way, shape or form.